Sunday, August 9, 2026

Full Service: Alpina Pilot Automatic Startimer 44 mm Reference AL-525B4S6 Limited Edition of 8888 pieces (#2000)

My Alpina Pilot has started to give me problems. The seconds hand seems to be stuck around the 8 second mark and only after a gentle tap, it will start to move. However, after one circle, it get stuck at the same position. After checking when I bought the watch (December 2016), it was high time I got the watch serviced. Below is a video of the problem.


So I sent it to the AD that sold me the watch and he recommended that the watch be thoroughly serviced by Neuchatel Time, a watch service centre in Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur that offers a full range of services.

The service comes with a two (2) year warranty for a fee of RM1,800. I felt that it was on the high side. Anyway, let's see how the watch performs in the next few months. In the meantime, below is the repaired and serviced Alpina Pilot







No comments:

Post a Comment

CONTRIBUTE FOR THE UPKEEP OF THIS BLOG

Any contributions is appreciated!