Monday, December 9, 2019

Wooden Display Stand for Wristwatches, A DIY Project


I want to display my watches by making my own wooden display stand. From the internet, I was able to find a few ideas to make on my own. The photo below is one such idea that I would like to make. I need a jigsaw, a drill, wood glue and some screws or nails. I was able to get the plans and hopefully something nice will come out of this project.







The plans for the stand is not that difficult. I just need to get the raw materials to start making one.

There are a few more designs that is possible for me to make. The simpler version is this multiple stand which is vertical in nature.



I could also make something similar but based on a horizontal alignment like the one below.



Otherwise, I can try making something that is a combination of both vertical and horizontal alignment like below.



The final design I was looking at is a skeletonised or skinny stand as shown below. The only concern I have is the center of gravity and the lack of weight. Having a heavy watch on it may make it very unstable.



Anyway, I will document my DIY adventure on this project in later postings. For the moment, if any of you wants to comment of give feedback, I am all ears.

Photo Gallery









2 comments:

  1. This is the watch stand project i completed recently => http://snupp.it/KJzdSO
    I am planning to do another one, 3 tier this time :D

    ReplyDelete

CONTRIBUTE FOR THE UPKEEP OF THIS BLOG

Any contributions is appreciated!